FirsTime Writing To Get Published July 8 to July 12, 2000

Thursday, July 11, 2024

All In Your Head by IS

Kat woke t0 a loud voice in her head. For a few moments she just sat in bed, refusing to open her eyes. She didn’t listen to what the voice was saying, but it sounded nothing like her own drowsy thoughts. She groaned, coving her face with her blanket. “Shut upp..” She muttered to the voice in her head.

The voice paused for a moment. “You can hear me?” The voice said slowly, in a much quieter tone of voice.

Kat was already falling back asleep, so the voice yelled out something else and woke her up again. She sat up grumply, finally giving in and forcing herself to get up. She yawned, rubbing her eyes sleepily. “What time is it..?” She muttered to herself as she glanced at the small black alarm clock by her bed, grabbing her small black-rimmed glasses. “4:32am” It read as the numbers came into focus.

“You’re finally awake.” The voice in her head grumbled, “took you long enough.”

“Who are you-?” Kat said out loud quietly, looking around her room for the source of the voice. “And why did you wake me up at 4:00 in the morning??”

The voice tutted, “I’m not in your room.”

Kat paused, she glanced over at her window before asking, “Then.. where are you? And how are you talking to me so clearly if you’re not in my room?” Her voice was skeptical.

The voice paused, “I actually don’t know where I am.” The voice said slowly. And Kat raised an eyebrow.

“Well.. who are you, then?” She asked slowly, fidgeting with some of her hair.

“Oh, my name is Phillip.” He replied.

Kat nodded a bit, “I’m Kattie, but you can call me Kat.” She said, still glancing around her room to try to find him. “And.. what do you mean by you.. ‘don’t know where you are?’”

Phillip went quiet for a few moments before replying, “I’m surrounded by darkness. Except for- well, it almost looks like a screen, but basically, I can see what you see, I’m pretty sure.”

Kat paused, “What?” She asked again slowly, thinking that she misheard him somehow. “So.. what you’re saying is that- you're in my head?” Kat said out loud, something clicking in her mind.“Huh.. maybe,” Phillip said slowly, “but.. how?”

No comments:

Post a Comment