FirsTime Writing To Get Published July 8 to July 12, 2000

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Sleeping by AM

I’m about to go to bed and I hear a little creak.
I wonder what it is then there's that sound again a small eek.
All these soft sounds are getting louder surrounding my head.
I wish my eardrums stopped working. I wish they were dead!

I think about the soft warm sand with cool waves on the beaches.
But suddenly I get surrounded with cold slimy leeches.
What about the lovely winter wonderland?
Global warming puts snow and winter in high demand!

I try to think happy so I may relax.
Suddenly my math teacher asks me for 10,000 math facts!
What about the calm peaceful nights full of rain.
The pressure of that builds itself into a gigantic hurricane!

Suddenly I woke up from my midnight distress.
Maybe tomorrow night the nightmares will be less.

No comments:

Post a Comment